This Promotion is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA MOMENTS GIVEAWAY (the “Promotion”) is aimed at promoting Mass Effect: Andromeda and is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Taiwan, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Promotion. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Promotion, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. How to Enter: Post a screenshot of your favorite moment in Mass Effect: Andromeda to @MassEffect on Twitter, and tag them with #MassEffectAndromedaSweepstakes and #MassEffectAndromeda.
LIMIT: One (1) screenshot per Twitter account. Use of any automated system to participate in the Promotion is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and all entries submitted or received via such automated system will be void. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information or entries, which will be disqualified and void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder (as defined herein) of the email address used by, or connected to, the eligible entrant will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
3. Personal Information: Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner’s or the entrant’s statutory rights as a consumer.
(a) Organizing, running and monitoring the Promotion and prize fulfillment, including, if entrant wins a prize, publishing (i) their name on the Winner(s) List and (ii) their name and country of residence online or in any other media in connection with the Promotion, as described further in Section 7 below); and
(b) Any additional processing activities to which entrant consents.
EA participates in the U.S.-Swiss Privacy Shield Framework for the collection, use, and retention of data from Switzerland. While EA relies on various mechanisms to effectuate cross-border transfers, we continue to adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 19:00:00 Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on NOVEMBER 6, 2017 and ends at 23:59:59 GMT on NOVEMBER 10, 2017 (“Promotion Period
5. Prize Drawings: Sponsor will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around NOVEMBER 13, 2017 at approximately 23:00:00 GMT. The drawing(s) will take place at the Sponsor’s offices at the address set forth above. The potential winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Messaging. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within 10 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident he/she will be required to answer a time limited skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly within the time limit provided (if applicable), refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize, time permitting given the nature of the prize, to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which Sponsor retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
6. Prizes: 10 winners will each receive a Logitech G G933 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset valued at USD $199.99/€172. The total value is USD $1999.99/€1720. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Only one (1) prize per winner. Allow 4 weeks for shipment of prize(s).
7. General Terms:
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Switzerland: By participating in this Promotion, each participant acknowledges: (1) In regard to the Prize and any other products or services given by Sponsor and its affiliates free of charge, the Sponsor shall only be liable for intent and gross negligence. (2) In all other cases, the Sponsor shall only be liable to cases of intent and gross negligence. In case of slight negligence, however, the Sponsor is only liable for the breach of essential contractual obligations, such as delay or impossibility of performance, which the Sponsor can be made responsible for. The liability in the event of breach of such an essential contractual obligation is limited to the typical contractual damage, whose occurrence could be expected by the Sponsor upon conclusion of the contract on account of the circumstances known at that time. “Essential contractual obligations” as previously stated are those obligations whose fulfillment is essential to enable the proper implementation of the contract and the achievement of its purpose and whose observation you as an end consumer may rely upon. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in the case of explicit guarantees by the Sponsor, in case of malice and injuries to life, body or health as well as in the case of mandatory statutory regulations.
(2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Promotion;
(3) That by accepting a prize, EA may publish your name and country of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Promotion, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited; and
(4) The Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
For Residents of Australia, the Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States provided that the entrant will not be deprived of his or her statutory rights and legal protection as a consumer granted by the laws of Australia. Court of jurisdiction shall be entrant’s country of residence.
For Residents of Austria, Germany and Switzerland, notwithstanding, nothing in these Official Rules shall have the effect to deprive you of the consumer protection rights granted to you by the laws of your residence that cannot be derogated from by agreement.
8. Winner(s) List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the end of the Promotion Period (listed above) and no later than JANUARY 10, 2018. If you send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before JANUARY 10, 2018 we will provide you with a list of confirmed winners.
© 2017 Electronic Arts Inc.